Sunday, May 07, 2006


Välkommen (Welcome) to the first of many Gswede Monday's!

Gswede Monday

Steve Freeland has impacted many lives during his 35 years of teaching and coaching basketball to youth. I was one of the first.

Steve was my first coach and taught me the game of basketball. I can vividly remember the awkward way I use to hold and shoot a basketball. It was not a pretty sight to watch! Steve corrected that shot immediately and taught me the proper way to hold and release a basketball. That shot would take me a long ................way in life.

I was taught how to play the game properly and his consistent enthusiasm always inspired me. I was fortunate to have two wonderful parents and a superb mentor in Coach Freeland.

The 2nd annual "American Basketball Coach in Sweden" program (see below) is a vehicle for Steve and I to impact youth in Sweden to care for and learn about the game we love so dearly. We are grateful for the opportunity and it is only possible because of the kind donations of so many Americans and Swedes. That generosity warms our hearts.

Basketball has defined many aspects in my life and the lessons learned have been invaluable.

We hope that one day many youth in Sweden and around the world will soar to those same heights utilizing basketball as their tool.

George

No comments: